Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    Countdown from 300 since '84, currently down to Nos. 31-40....

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

    ***UVA: T-70, ETSU: T-82, UT: 99, VT: 210

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    35. ALABAMA
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member titans_1_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    etsu ahead of ut and tech.. thats awesome and so funny

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    and a big reason why lists like that don't have any substance
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    Well they are just basing it on tournament experience over the past 20 years or so. ETSU probably has as many or more NCAA tourney appearances as VT and UT combined.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN's top 300 D-I basketball programs

    and if VT and UT played in the SoCon and Atlantic Sun, their numbers would be inflated too...

    their logic is flawed...and if anyone believes that ETSU is 130 programs better than VT (or better than VT in general) then the argument ends here

    VT basketball hasn't been worth anything on the national scene since 1985, but to pretend that ETSU is one of the top 1/3 of the college basketball world and better than half the ACC is ignorant...just plain ignorant
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •